A mattress topper could be a perfect choice if you want to give your old mattress a new lease of life or simply add some support and luxury to your bed. It’s a quick, easy, and cost-effective way to enhance your sleeping experience without having to spend a lot of money on a brand-new mattress.
In Australia, one of the most popular options is the Ecosa memory foam topper. It does seem like a great offer with over 3,200 confirmed 4.5+ star ratings and a reliable 10-year warranty, but is it right for you?
We’ll discuss the firmness and feel of the Ecosa topper in this review, as well as my usage of it.
Dimensions and cost:
|Size||Dimension (W x L x D)||Weight||*Price|
|Single||92 x 188 x 5 cm||6.1 kg||$247.50|
|Long Single||92 x 203 x 5 cm||6.5 kg||$262.50|
|King Single||107 x 203 x 5 cm||7.7 kg||$262.50|
|Double||138 x 188 x 5 cm||9 kg||$281.25|
|Queen||153 x 203 x 5 cm||10.6 kg||$300|
|King||183 x 203 x 5 cm||11.3 kg||$330|
|Super King||203 x 203 x 5 cm||12.3 kg||$375|
Due to ongoing promotions, prices may fluctuate from those on the Ecosa website.
One of Australia’s top manufacturers of mattresses in box is Ecosa. Following the success of their adjustable mattress, they introduced a variety of furniture pieces, bedding options, and now the topper.
The Ecosa topper is comprised of the same gel-infused memory foam as their mattress. In addition to providing superior body contouring support, the G7 memory foam is more responsive and sleeps cooler than typical memory foam.
The Ecosa topping, in my opinion, falls between the medium as well as medium-soft range on the firmness scale. It wasn’t as soft or opulent as a hotel bed, but it supported and squished in the perfect places. Thus, it will support pressure points and add softness to your entire bedding set.
That also implies that not all types of sleepers will benefit equally from the Ecosa topper. Go on reading.
Who might like the Ecosa topper
- Those who want to soften their mattress. The Ecosa topper should make your mattress more comfortable and offer good cushioning because it has a medium to medium-soft feel.
- sleeper seeking further pressure relief. The topper, which is made of neutral memory foam, provides good contouring and prevents pressure from building up in the shoulder and hip areas. The majority of side sleepers, I believe, would value this.
- people who want simple setup and upkeep. The topper’s four corner elastic bands ensure that it always remains on the bed, and the outer cover is machine washable.
- Those who sleep hot need a topper that doesn’t retain heat. The Ecosa topper sleeps a little cooler than customary memory foam toppers because of the pin core construction and layer with gel infusion.
Who might not like
- People who want to firm up their beds. The Ecosa topping is more on the softer side, as we just indicated, so it won’t really firm things up.
- larger people who frequently sleep on their stomachs. The hips of heavier (> 95 kg) stomach sleepers are more likely to descend too deeply, throwing the spine out of alignment. On this topper, however, lighter stomach sleepers (>75 kg) might find adequate support.
- Those seeking inexpensive choices. The Ecosa topper isn’t cheap, but in light of its general quality, amenities, and robustness, I believe the price is appropriate.
TL;DR: The Ecosa topper should be useful if your present mattress needs more softness and comfort. Your bed can get softer by one to five points. For instance, the Ecosa topper can make your bed feel as firm as a 5.5 to 6.5 if your present mattress is a 7 or 8 on the hardness scale.
- Firmness: Medium to medium-soft
- Softens the mattress by 1 to 1.5 points (firmness scale of 10)
- Made from jhigh quality gel-infused memory foam core
- Easy maintenance
- 10-year warranty
My personal experience:
I ordered a queen-sized topper for the review. It arrived half-folded in a medium-sized box weighing about 7 kg to my Sydney home address in two days.
Unlike the Ecosa mattress, the topper wasn’t vacuum-compressed, thus there was less off-gassing when packaging and it rapidly returned to its previous size.
I placed it on the 7.5/10 firm Temp-ur Micro-Tech 20 Firm mattress for the duration of the trial. The Ecosa topper, in my opinion, gave the bedding a softer, cuddlier feel overall. On a scale of firmness, I would give my encounter a 6 out of 10.
There are two things to keep in mind. Depending on the weight of the sleeper and the mattress it is placed on, your experience with this or any other topper may vary. So you will experience a medium-firm feel if you add this topper to a firm mattress. It would feel softer on top of a mattress that is already soft.
Similar to how a smaller person would find the topper supportive, a larger person might sink into the topper and feel the firmer mattress beneath it.
The thickness of the Ecosa topper is 2 inches (5 cm), and its firmness rating is medium to medium-soft. It feels mushy but responsive due to its modest memory foam qualities. This implies that when you sleep on your side, you won’t feel like you’re “stuck in the mud” or tense in your shoulder and hip areas. It provides good pressure relief and gradually conforms to the body shape, just like traditional memory foam.
Most other sleepers (back, side, or stomach) would be comfortable on the topper, as would those who roll around in bed all night. But heavier people who prefer to sleep on their stomach might find the topper a little too soft, which could disrupt their sleep and hurt their spine.
Additionally, the memory foam in this topper significantly lessens motion transfer, so your partner’s movements or restlessness in bed won’t interfere with your sleep.
The four corner straps that hold the Ecosa topper to the bed are its most notable feature. After a few nights of use, mattress toppers without the securing mechanism have a tendency to slide off the bed or shift sideways. What else? Plastic groves on the topper’s bottom keep it from sliding off the mattress owing to friction.
Additionally, the outer cover is machine washable and detachable, making maintenance simpler.
An essential part. Although the Ecosa topper is made of memory foam, it sleeps cooler. The pincore design, permeable cover, and foam core soaked with gel are responsible for this because they wick heat out rather than trap it. Therefore, this topper may be more comfortable for hot or sweaty sleepers than conventional foam toppers or mattresses.
Lastly, is the Ecosa topper a worthwhile investment?
I most certainly do. The Ecosa topper is well-designed and constructed from premium materials. Your worn-out mattress would get fresh suppleness as a result. The 10-year warranty, which is the longest in the business, demonstrates how confident Ecosa is in its products.
But as I have previously stated, the Ecosa topper might not be for you if you’re looking for a luxuriously soft topper. Although the Microcloud topper might perform better, its microfiber filling means that it won’t last as long as the Ecosa topper.
The Ecosa topper’s lack of a sleep trial, in contrast to other Ecosa items, is my only complaint. To be fair, though, it’s a common practice across the entire sector.
With this, the review comes to a close. Contact us if you have any questions or concerns.